Average Breast Lift Recovery DurationThe total amount of time it takes to recover from a breast lift is about six weeks. This is from the moment you wake up after surgery to when you’re finally “complete” with your surgical procedure. However, that doesn’t mean you’ll be laid up in bed for six weeks. In fact, most patients are cleared to go back to work within the first week after surgery. That does come with restrictions, including avoiding lifting heavy objects or bending over. For that reason, if you work a more manual job, we advise taking two weeks before going back to work.
Breast Lift Consultations AvailableRequest A Consultation
How to Have a Healthy and Speedy Breast Lift RecoveryThe best thing you can do to have a speedy recovery is to follow your customized breast lift post-op plan. This is the plan that will outline everything you need to do to stay healthy after surgery, including how to change your dressings, how long you should wear a supportive bra, and when to attend follow-up appointments with your plastic surgeon. This will be explained to you in detail before your procedure but you will always be able to reach the doctor or his representative after the procedure if you have questions. Additionally, these tips can help get you on the fast-track to a total recovery:
- Don’t push yourself to return to work before you’re ready.
- Arrange for help at home, especially if you have young children.
- Invest in a recliner or a pillow wedge so you can sleep in a way that won’t harm your chest.
- Engage in light walking even beginning the day after your surgery to help with breathing and circulation. This is the best help to reducing post-surgical complications.
- Let your plastic surgeon know immediately if you have any concerns about how your breast lift recovery is going.
Take the Next Step
Want to learn more about what you can expect from breast lift recovery? Schedule your complimentary consultation at The Pennsylvania Centre for Plastic Surgery with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Scott Brenman in Philadelphia and Plymouth Meeting, PA. Please call (267) 687-2180 to schedule a convenient appointment in the near future. We look forward to seeing you soon!